What I look like on the outside:
Meanwhile, on the inside:
WHEN PEOPLE SAY YOU HAVE PRIVILEGE THEY ARE NOT SAYING THAT YOU DON’T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS
THEY ARE SAYING YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SPECIFIC PROBLEMS THAT COME FROM OPPRESSION
THIS IS NOT A DIFFICULT CONCEPT
Please sign this petition in addition to the one asking to recognize non-binary genders. It’s quick and easy to set up a new account and to sign both petitions.
1. restroom access is a basic human right;
2. people with disabilities may have caretakers of a different gender, or may have to travel further to a correctly gendered restroom;
3. parents may have children of a different gender;
4. transgender and gender non-conforming people frequently face outing, harassment, violence, policing and anxiety when forced to pick a gendered restroom, and may suffer health complications due to avoiding gendered restrooms;
5. “family” restrooms are not always available;
6. databases and apps such as “Safe to Pee” are inadequate; and that
7. similar policies have already been adopted by institutions such as UC Davis;
We hereby petition the White House to federally decree all existing and future single-stall restrooms be designated unisex.
The title is a link to the petition.